Wednesday, September 24, 2008

The Truest Strength

A beautiful poem...

I cannot look, I cannot see,
I cannot understand.
I lay myself down helplessly
In the hollow of Your hand.
The clouds that now encompass me
And seem to block my view,
Are sent by You, unfailing Love,
To draw me close to You.

I cease from all my struggling,
I rest from all the strain.
I only live to love You, Lord,
And glorify Your name.
There is no great achievement now,
No great works done for You,
But somehow in the stillness sweet,
My spirit is renewed.

When pain has overtaken me
And human strength is gone,
Emotions cloud all over me
And days and nights are long,
Look up into Your eyes
And find strength within Your smile.
Your Spirit gently comforts me
And holds me through each trial.

And though my body trembles now
My spirit is at peace,
For I hold to the Master's words
Which cause the storm to cease.
Your power stands unfailingly,
Your every promise sure.
You give me faith, You give me grace,
Sufficient to endure.

I lift my heart in praise to You
For all that You have done,
For every battle we have fought,
Each victory we've won!

And though my body pains me still
My spirit is at ease
For I have found the truest strength.
In You is perfect peace.
(Author: Misty Kaye)

No comments: