Saturday, August 23, 2008

Bible Promises



These are key scripture promises to provide help,
hope and inspiration to your life.
Bible verses are from the New International Version.

When I am in trouble
Though I walk in the midst of trouble, you preserve my life;
You stretch out your hand against the anger of my foes, with your right hand you save me.
Psalm 138:7

Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you.
I do not give to you as the world gives.
Do not let your heart be troubled and do not be afraid.
John 14:27

When no one seems to care
Be strong and courageous.
Do not be afraid or terrified because of them, for the Lord your God goes with you; He will never leave you or forsake you.
Deut 31:6

And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.
Phil 4:7

When I need strength
The Lord is my rock, my fortress and my deliverer; My God is my rock, in whom I take refuge. He is my shield and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold.
Psalm 18:2

He heals the broken-hearted and binds up their wounds.
Psalm 147:3

I can do everything through Him who gives me strength.
Phil 4:13

When I am at wit's end
I lift my eyes to the hills; where does my help come from?
My help comes from the Lord, the Maker of heaven and earth.
He will not let your foot slip, he who watches over you will not slumber.
Psalm 121:1-3

And we know that in all things, God works for the good of those who love Him, who have been called according to his purpose.
Rom 8:28

When God seems far away
The Lord is far from the wicked but he hears the prayer of the righteous.
Prov 15:29

For I am the Lord your God who takes hold of your right hand and says to you, "Do not fear, I will help you."
Isa 41:13

When I feel like giving up
Cast your cares on the Lord, and he will sustain you;
He will never let the righteous fall.
Ps 55:22

My flesh and my heart may fail, but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever.
Ps 73:26

When I need to know right from wrong
Delight yourself in the Lord and he will give you the desires of your heart. Commit your way to the Lord; trust in Him and he will do this.
Ps 37:4,5

When I am tempted
No temptation has seized you except what is common to man. And God is faithful; he will not let you be tempted beyond what you can bear. But when you are tempted, he will also provide a way out so that you can stand up under it.
1 Cor 10:13

If this is so, then the Lord knows how to rescue godly men from trials and to hold the unrighteous for the day of judgement while continuing their punishment.
2 Pet 2:9

When I need assurance that God loves me
You are forgiving and good O Lord, abounding in love to all who call to you.
Ps 86:5

The Lord is compassionate and gracious, slow to anger, abounding in love. For as high as the heavens are above the earth, so great is his love for those who fear him. As far as the east is from the west, so far has he removed our trangressions from us.
Ps 103:8,11,12

Therefore since we have been justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ.
Rom 5:1

Therefore, there is now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus.
Rom 8:1

When my faith in God is lacking
You give me your shield of victory, and your right hand sustains me; you stoop down to make me great. You broaden the path beneath me, so that my ankles do not turn.
Ps 18:35, 36

I waited patiently for the Lord; he turned to me and heard my cry. He lifted me out of the slimy pit, out of the mudand mire; he set my feet on a rock and gave me a firm place to stand.
Ps 40:1,2

Jesus said, "Everything is possible for him who belives."
Mk 9:23

When I am depressed
The Lord is a refuge for the oppressed, a stronghold in time of trouble.
Ps 9:9

Wait for the Lord; be strong and take heart and wait for the Lord.
Ps 27:14

Many are the woes of the wicked, but the Lord's unfailing love surrounds the man who trusts in him.
Ps 32:10

The Lord gives strength to his people; the Lord blesses his people with peace.
Ps 29:11

When I feel lonely
Those who know your name will trust in you, for you Lord, have never forsaken those who seek you.
Ps 9:10

The Lord watches over you. The Lord is your shade at your right hand. The sun will not harm you by day nor the moon by night. The Lord will keep you from all harm. He will watch over your life.
Ps 121:5-7

When I face opposition
You armed me with strength for battle; you made my adversaries bow at my feet.
Ps 18:39

You who saves me from my enemies. You exalted me above my foes; from violent men you rescued me.
Ps 18:48

Then my enemies will turn back when I call for help. By this I will know that God is for me.
Ps 56:9

When I need assurance that God hears my prayers
If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked way, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land.
2 Chron 7:14

Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you. For everyone who asks receives; he who seeks finds; and to him who knocks, the door will be opened.
Matt 7:7,8

If you remain in me, and my words remain in you, ask whatever you wish and it will be given you.
Jn 25:7

This is the confidence we have in approaching God; that if we ask anything according to his will, he hears us. And if we know that he hears us - whatever we ask - we know that we have what we asked of Him.
1 Jn 5:14,15

When I am fearful
You are my hiding place; you will protect me from trouble and surround me with songs of deliverance.
Ps 32:7

When you lie down, you will not be afraid; when you lie down, your sleep will be sweet. Have no fear of sudden disaster or of the ruins that overtakes the wicked, for the Lord will be your confidence and will keep your foot from being snared.
Prov 3:24-26

So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.
Isa 41:10

For God did not give us the spirit of timidity, but a spirit of power, of love and of self-discipline.
2 Tim 1:7

When I worry about the future
If the Lord delights in a man's way, he makes his steps firm; though he stumble, he will not fall, for the Lord upholds him with his hand.
Ps 37:23,24

When I have sinned
If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness.
1 Jn 1:9

When I do not know which way to turn
Submit yourself, then, to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you. Come near to God and he will come near you.
Jas 4:7

Who am I in Jesus Christ

CHOSEN BY GOD
For he chose us in Him before the creation of the world to be holy and blameless in his sight.
Eph 1:4

MADE PERFECT FOREVER
Because by one sacrifice he has made perfect forever those who are being made holy.
Heb 10:14

MADE AT PEACE WITH GOD
Therefore, since we have been justified through faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ.
Rom 5:1

TOTALLY FORGIVEN
When you were dead in your sins and in the uncircumcision of your sinful nature, God made you alive with Christ,. He forgave us all our sins.
Col 2:13

TOTALLY CLEANSED
But you were washed, you were sanctified, you were justified in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ and by the spirit of our God.
1 Cor 6:11

MADE HOLY AND BLAMELESS
But now he has reconciled you by Christ's physical body through death to present you holy in his sight, without blemish and free from accusation.
Col 1:22

GIVEN CHRIST'S RIGHTEOUSNESS
God made Him to who had no sin to be sin for us, so that in Him we might become the righteounesss of God.
2 Cor 5:21

FREED FROM CONDEMNATION
Therefore, there is now no condemnation for those that are in Christ Jesus, because through Christ Jesus the law of the Spirit of life set me free from the law of sin and death.
Rom 8:1,2

MADE INTO A NEW CREATION
Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; the old has gone, the new has come!
2 Cor 5:17

RECONCILED TO GOD
For if, when we were God's enemies, we were reconciled to him through the death of his Son, how much more, having been reconciled, shall we be saved through his life! Not only is this so, but we also rejoice in God through our Lord Jesus Christ, through whom we have now received reconciliation.
Rom 5:10,11

MADE HEIRS OF GOD
So you are no longer a slave, but a son; and since you are a son, God has made you also an heir.
Gal 4:7

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

An excellent blog. Keep it up. God Bless.